English and Me

source: google

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my blog! Because this is my first post, so let me introduce myself. My name is Cornelia Betty Septiningrum, I’m a college student from Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana. In this post, I will tell you about my English learning journey. Okay, let’s start!

When I was little, I’m not that interested to learning English, especially when in elementary school. Because I can’t understand what my English teacher said. But, after watched movies in English like Harry Potter, Narnia or Disney movies, I interested to learning English. In junior high school, with new English teacher and her different way to teaching, I become easier to understand the material being taught, I can improve my English skills too.

However, I still have some difficulties when learning English, especially speaking. Because when I should speak in English, sometimes I'm confused how to answer even though I understand what they are talking about or what they ask. Sometimes I also doubt whether what I say is right or wrong. Besides that, the easiest English skill for me is reading and listening—I don’t know why, but I like listening to people speak in English.

To improve my English skills, I read a lot of stories in English in wattpad or website that provide online novels, listening to english music, watching English movies without Indonesian subtitles, or watching a lot of Korean drama and Chinese drama with English subtitles. I think it’s fun and help me to learning English.

Ok, I think just it for now, see you in my next post, have a nice day!

-Betty-


Comments

  1. Thanks for publishing your reflection, Betty. My wife and I also read the English subtitles when we watch those K-dramas. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookmarks With Quotations

SUIT UP!

The Perfect Song